1. I have been a follower of Jesus Christ since my childhood. He is the one who gives me strength to do what I do.
2. I have been married to Steve for 43 years.
3. We live in a log house on a hill and raise chickens to give us fresh eggs.
4. We have raised 7 kids - 4 daughters and 3 sons, and now have 14 grandchilden.
5. I love spending time with all my family.
6. I ended my 26 years of homeschooling as my youngest graduated June 5, 2015.
7. If I have an interesting book I can be “lost” for hours reading it. I remember one time years ago I was so engrossed in my reading that I didn't realize my two younger daughters were busy painting not just on paper but also the little table easel they were using. They had covered it with red paint. I had no idea until I was done with the book which took about 2 hours.
8. I love to play the piano, my favorite thing being taking the hymnbook and just playing, arranging as I go determined by what I am feeling at the time. I am most inspired when I play for a church service, because when I hear the people sing, it really moves me and I let my fingers take over.
9. My favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip.
10. I love to walk around outside just before a storm as the sky darkens and the wind picks up, blowing across my face.
11. I love to work in my art journal. I make collages, found poetry, paints, sketching, and more using a variety of art media.
12. I write some kind of poetry almost every week. I enjoyed writing poetry occasionally in my younger days, but did not realize how much I enjoyed it until I took part in a 40 Days of Poetry challenge.
13. I love photographing clouds, trees, flowers, really all kinds of things found in nature. Sometimes I overlay them with poetry or quotes.
14. I love to watch musicals, old and new.
15. I have loved children ever since I can remember. Back when I was 12 years old, all the younger children at church used to follow me around because I would take time with them. I am really enjoying being a mother and a grandmother.
16. I have been known to play video games like Mario Party and Phantasy Star with my sons.
17. My husband, sons and I were in a karate class together.
18. I enjoy baking bread and making meals from scratch.
20. My purpose for the blog is to share whatever may be on my heart at any given time in order to encourage, entertain and inspire others. It will also be a place to share my photos, poetry and artwork.
Thanks for visiting! I'd love to get to know you better.
Please feel free to leave a comment sharing some things that you like, and if you have a blog I'd love a link so I can read it sometime.