Friday, May 6, 2016

Don't Miss the Present


 Photo taken by me in North Carolina


This morning I was planning to meet with friends for breakfast. When I woke up I was still tired and the thought crossed my mind that maybe I'd just skip it and go back to bed. I'm so glad I just let that thought come and go! I think about what I would have missed if I had not gone.


We met at one of our favorite breakfast places, IHOP in Clemson, SC. There used to be six of us but we lost one last year as she unexpectedly passed away. We still miss her as she was sometimes the life of the party. A few of us arrived early today and one had to leave before everyone was there.


Two of us arrived about an hour later. So today for most of the time there were 4 of us and it was a precious time together. We've known each other for over 17 years and have homeschooled our children, watched some of them get married. Two of us now share a couple of grandchildren because my daughter married her son.


This picture was taken a couple of years ago when all six of us were there. 

We laughed, cried and shared memories and prayer requests and renewed our love for each other as sisters. We pray for each other and have been keeping in touch even more lately. It's a beautiful sisterhood.


This time was one of the most special we have had and I'm so glad I did not miss it!


When I first heard the prompt was the word miss I thought of a song by a group that is a favorite of mine. It reminds me to make the most of my time now, to be with friends, to look for beauty in ordinary things, to really live.


Instead of being preoccupied with the past or the future I want to be fully present right now.


The song is called “Don't Miss Now” by Downhere.



Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!