Saturday, April 2, 2016

What I Learned in March




I learned that my blog posts receiving the most views and comments are the ones where I share different facets of my life that other people can identify with and be encouraged in their own lives. This one on creativity is an example. I'm also learning how much I enjoy my online interactions with other bloggers.


From Deidra's online book club I learned that we really can have good discussions about race and other issues, and do it graciously. This past month we read Between the World and Me by Ta-Nahesi Coates. It was an eye opener for me and I highly recommend it.


I learned about taking prayer walks after a tragedy happened in our church neighborhood. I didn't realize what a profound effect it would have on me.


Easter Saturday afternoon we took a short hike with some of our kids and grandkids and realized anew how much they enjoy being out in nature and having fun together.




My daughter published an e-book of empathetic poetry for Holy Week entitled All Our Untold Stories and I found it to be quite refreshing.


It has come to my attention that I am reading too many books at a time, so I'm trying to finish them before starting another one. Sometimes I can't help myself and find a series I like so much I put everything else aside. 

That's what I did with The Yada Yada Prayer Group  7 book series. There is so much practical information in the stories that helped me see how I can relate even better to others and still have unity with those who may have differing views. It also brings out how powerful prayer can be.

I'm sure I learned a lot more things, but it's hard to recall now that I've begun a new month. This month I'm going to try to keep a record of things I learn. It will not only make it easier to write a post like this, it will be preserved in a way that I can look back on it in later years.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!