Saturday, April 16, 2016

Life Can Be Hard

These past two weeks have not been easy. I watched my mother come to the end of her life on earth. The pain of seeing her in pain was not easy, but in the midst of all that there were some special moments. Two of my daughters, her granddaughters, were able to spend some beautiful time with her. They held each other and expressed how much they loved each other.





There came a time where my mom seemed to be at peace.


It still was not easy, but there was no more a look of terror in her eyes. She was not afraid to let go. Even in her pain, my mother looked at us and told us we needed to rest as she knew we were tired. We told her we could take turns resting, but we wanted to be with her. That evening she looked at me and smiled. Then she hugged me and said, “I love you very much.” I continued to make her as comfortable as I could telling her that I loved her very much, too. 


The next morning she was gone.


These things are not easy but they are part of life. It almost seems that for the Christian death is like birth. It's a new beginning. My mother is at peace now with her Savior. I can just imagine all the joy and reunions going on right now with those who went before.


I am sad, but I am also filled with joy for her.





She is no more in pain. It is not easy to face the fact that I will not be able to talk to her again until I meet her in heaven. It is too easy to think that I need to tell her something, but then I realize I can't.


But I have a sure hope that I will see her again, because of what Jesus did at Calvary.


It's not easy, but with God's help and the comfort and companionship of friends, I will remember the good things. I will remember that she loved me. I will remember that God loves me. He will give me the strength to continue down the road of life, to continue to show love to my family, to remember that life is short. We do not know how much time we have with each other.


May God help us to make our relationships a priority and enjoy all the time we have together.


May we find it easy to spend time with the ones we love, to make every minute count.




Brothers and sisters,we do not want you to be uninformed 
about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve 
like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 
For we believe that Jesus died and rose again,
and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus
those who have fallen asleep in him. 


I'm linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!