Saturday, April 30, 2016

Animals, Sisterhood, Family and God

During the month of April I learned a lot of things. I found many unusual animals during my A to Z BloggingChallenge. A very interesting one is called an echidna.  I wonder if you can guess which animal it most resembles. If your curiosity is raised check out my post, E is for Echidna




Did you know it is possible to have joy and grief at the same time? I found it to be true as I was with my mom during her last days on earth. I wrote about it in this post – Life Can Be Hard.




More and more I'm realizing how we women are really a sisterhood linking arms across all barriers, joining together in solidarity and love with a desire to encourage one another wherever we are in our lives. These April articles at SheLoves by Michele Morin and Lisha Epperson, and my own prayer for unity inspired by Lisha's words speak of that sisterhood.



Now that spring is here I am reminded how much I enjoy sitting on the porch swing listening to the birds, the chimes, the carpenter bees... Wait, not so much the bees.




The importance of family has come back to the forefront of my mind. It's a priority to make time to be with those you love, because you don't know how long you will have each other. In my mother's things I found a small, lined journal with a Bible verse on each page. She had not used it, so I am now using it to record prayers and thoughts sometimes in response to the verse written there. Here is what I wrote in the front of it:

This will be my special prayer journal, for my mom, Gay Sanders, was a prayer warrior.


With sickness, losing my mom and dealing with all the legal stuff that comes afterward, this has been a difficult month. Often people have been very kind and helpful and I have had patience. Other times I have been frustrated and tense, complaining about all the red tape and wondering why people make things so hard.

But then I am reminded that God is always with me, giving me strength and peace. He forgives when I fail and His grace is always abundant. I am blessed with family members who care and are always ready to help when they can.  Both my mom's church family and our own church and friends have blessed us with their words and actions. They have shown much love. The following verse has definitely been true for me as I've walked through this month.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
(Psalm 46:1 KJV)

What about you? What have you learned during the month of April?



I'm linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!