Friday, April 1, 2016

A is for Aardwolf!

Welcome to my first post for the April 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge! Today I'm going to tell you about an unusual animal, at least to me. I've heard of an aardvark and I've heard of a wolf, but an aardwolf? The name is in the Afrikaans language and means earth wolf.


https://www.flickr.com/photos/ucumari/13422921045
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/




An aardwolf is not your everyday, backyard pet. They are in the hyena family and can be found in east and south Africa. With their long sticky tongues they eat mostly termites. According to wikipedia they can eat up to 250,000 termites in one night!

They are shy and nocturnal for the most part staying away from mountainous areas. Bushland and dry plains are where they prefer to live using underground burrows as their beds during the day.

To find out more about the aardwolf check out The Animal Files or Wikipedia.



Today is the first post for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. I have not chosen a particular theme so you maybe surprised at what you find here each day. Come back tomorrow to see what the letter B has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!