Thursday, March 17, 2016

Blogging the Alphabet


Call me crazy, but I am taking on a blogging challenge for the month of April. I first heard about the Blogging From A to Z April 2016 challenge while perusing the blog of my friend, Mary Hill, who blogs at http://maryanderingcreatively.com/




The idea is to blog every day in April except Sundays, which leaves exactly 26 days on which to publish. Starting on April 1, 2016, you write a post about something that begins with the letter “A” and so on down the alphabet each subsequent day, taking a break on Sundays. To find out more information and possibly join the challenge yourself just click HERE.


I have never done this challenge, but it intrigues me. 


There are so many ways to go about it. I could pick a certain theme to post on every day or it could be random. Maybe I'll look in the dictionary for odd words and get some inspiration there. Or maybe I'll take photographs and write poetry. Maybe I'll write about animals or maybe food.


At this point I'm leaning towards the random, but we'll see how it goes. Some people schedule their posts in advance to be published automatically, which takes off some of the pressure to write every day. I might do that with some if I know ahead of time I'm going to be too busy to write on a particular day.


So here is my challenge to you. How about joining me and over a thousand others in this endeavor? It might be a lot of fun, and we could encourage each other along the way.


What say you?


Are you with me?


Click HERE for FAQ and HERE to join the growing list of those who are Blogging From A to Z in April, 2016. So far there are 1200 people signed up. I am number 711. I would love to see some of you join us! 

I'm linking up with:
#LMMLinkup (Literacy Musing Mondays)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!