Thursday, March 31, 2016

An Offering of Grace




The Mudroom is a place for the stories emerging in the midst of the mess.”
                                                                                                                                                                    ~ The Mudroom                                  


Right now I feel like I'm living in a mess. There are so many demands, a lot of which I put on myself, voices in my head telling me what I must do.

Get rid of the clutter. You should be keeping your house cleaner. Why can't you have regular nutritious meals? You're too fat. You need to exercise more. Face it, you'll never lose weight. You said you were going to have regular times of prayer every day, but you aren't doing it.

You really should try to see your mother more than once a week. She is lonely. Shouldn't you be there whenever she wants you? You should keep in better touch with all your children and grandchildren. You need to be doing more with your husband.

You should have kept better records in home school so your son could have a better transcript. You'll never make that deadline. Why do you even try? You aren't a writer. Others can do it so much better.

And the guilt just continues to build while I listen to those voices.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!