Friday, February 12, 2016

Limited, Or Not



Praise the Lord.

How good it is to sing praises to our God,

how pleasant and fitting to praise him!

The Lord builds up Jerusalem;

he gathers the exiles of Israel.

He heals the brokenhearted

and binds up their wounds.

He determines the number of the stars.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power;

his understanding has no limit.


Did you catch that last line above? There is NO limit to God's understanding! We can come to him with anything and he will not be surprised. He already knows what we are going to say anyway. No matter how we feel about it he understands completely, probably more than we do ourselves.

As a human being I am limited in so many ways. I'm not as young as I used to be so I can't do as many things or as quickly as I could in the past. There are aches and pains that just don't seem to go away. I get tired, even exhausted at times.

If I were to dwell only on my limits I would be a sad person indeed. 

But our limits aren't always a bad thing. Other people can help where we fall short and we can help them in different ways. Our limits show us that we need each other. 

Our limits show us that we need God. 

The God who created us and loves us has promised to be with us, to give us strength in our hard times. Our weakness gives opportunity for God's strength to show through us.

We are finite. We will not live forever in these bodies we have. 

There is only so much time on earth for us to live. We need to make the most of our time. We need to care for ourselves by getting enough rest and exercise. We also need to do the things our hearts long for.

We could bewail our limits and never accomplish anything or we can look past them, find out what we are able to do and pursue the goals we desire.


(cross stitch I made for my mom many years ago)


I'm linking up with:
Kate Motaung and #FiveMinuteFriday
Family, Friendship, Faith Fridays
Word of God Speak
#GiveMeGrace
#TestimonyTuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!