Friday, February 26, 2016

Every Morning is New




Morning has broken like the first morning….” So begins one of my favorite songs, published in 1931. According to Wikipedia the English words were written by Eleanor Farjeon, and the tune is a Scottish Gaelic one that goes by the title “Bunessan.”

I wonder what the very first morning was like. In Genesis when it says there was evening and morning, the first day, there were not even any people around. It wasn't until the sixth day that Adam and Eve were created.

I wonder what the world looked like to the first people. Everything was fresh and new, unspoiled and not plagued by disease. Even today with all the problems in the world there is still so much beauty. Many places just make us gape in awe because of the beauty.

Most of the time I don't get up very early in the morning, but when I do I love it. Everything does seem fresh and new. There is not much activity. Sometimes it is foggy, and I love to watch the sun burn away the fog. Everything becomes bright.




The birds are just beginning to sing. First you only hear quiet sounds, then more and more birds join in until there is a full chorus of various tones and volume. There are robins, clear warbles from the wood thrush and also the loud cawing of crows. There is room for all.

I'm so glad God give us each new day. It's like the slate is wiped clean and we can begin again. I'm reminded of these verses in Lamentations 3:22,23. I'm using the NKJV as found on the Bible Gateway website.


Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.


Here is one of my favorite recordings of the song “Morning Has Broken” sung by Michael Card.




I'm linking up with Five Minute Friday where the prompt for this week is the word morning.
Also linking up with:
#WeekendWhispers
#WordofGodSpeak
#SmallWonder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!