Friday, February 5, 2016

A Different Focus

It's time for Five Minute Friday! We write for five minutes without worrying about getting everything right. It is meant to be a fun exercise. You can read all about it HERE.




Sometimes I find it really hard to focus on the task at hand. My mind has a way of wandering, thinking of other things I might rather do. If the job is a dreaded one my distractions are even worse. I will find other things to do and keep putting off what I don't like.




Distractions come easily to me, and I have to intentionally decide to start and finish a chore. Yesterday, I finally swept and mopped the kitchen floor. It had been put off too long, but I just kept finding excuses.

Sometimes it is hard to focus because I've been too long looking at a computer screen. That's when I need a distraction to clear my mind, something else to focus on. One of the things that really helps me is to go outdoors and walk around the property. Yesterday that is just what I did.




I felt the cool breeze, petted the dogs, looked at the sky from different angles. Our land is hilly so I had lots of different perspectives to gaze from. 




It was easy to focus on the beauty I saw and the freedom I felt. When I came back indoors I was ready to focus on the things that needed my attention.




Won't you join us at Kate Motaung's place for #FiveMinuteFriday?
I'm also linking up at #SmallWonder

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!