Friday, January 22, 2016

Being Present in the Snow


(This was taken two days ago; the rest are from today)

We're having a snow storm today. It's the second time we've had snow in two days. The first time was only a little and went away quickly. This looks like it will stay at least until Sunday when the weather is supposed to warm up a bit.


The word for Five Minute Friday this week is present. Now I could have looked out the window and decided to ignore the snow and go on about whatever I wanted to do inside, but I decided to be present with the current circumstances.




I put on my hat, boots, extra thick sweatshirt and went outdoors to take some pictures. It was freezing out there and normally I hate to be cold, but the outdoors just seemed to call to me.




I'm so glad I chose to be present, because even though it was cold it was also refreshing. Snow has a way of making things look prettier.




My #oneword2016 is open and to me that also means being present wherever I am, not zoning out or thinking of all the things I'd rather be doing, but being fully engaged in whatever place I find myself. That's not always easy to do, but I know that God can enable me to do just that. I want to experience all of life knowing that He is with me.
 



What about you? What is your take on the word present? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!