Friday, January 8, 2016

Always a First Time




From our first breath to our first day of school to our first piano recital to our first day on the job, we have a lot of firsts in our lives. I've often heard people say, “There's a first time for everything.” And I guess that is true. There is always a first time for us to do something.

It's exciting to see your baby take their first step, then their first solo ride on a bike, and before you know it they go on their first date.

When a person gets glasses for the first time a whole new world opens up in front of them. I remember when I got mine when I was 10 years old. Suddenly I could see more clearly details like individual leaves on the trees rather than looking like they all were part of each other.

So many firsts in our lives, some welcome, some not so welcome. I remember the first time I saw snow, I mean real snow. Growing up in Florida there were a couple of dustings when I was a child, but that was it. In college in SC there was a time when we had 13 inches in April.

Speaking of snow, when we got our first house in NH, we had a long driveway and I remember more than once having to help my husband get the car unstuck as he would leave for work in the morning. At least the former owner was kind enough to come and plow the driveway a few times to help us out.



This is a bit blurry, but our firstborn, wearing a scarf that was mine when I was a little girl, is enjoying her first ride in a box used as a makeshift sled on our NH driveway.  You can see there was quite a bit of snow.


The #FiveMinuteFriday word for this week is FIRST. I'm linking up with Kate Motaung and the Five Minute Friday community!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!