Friday, December 11, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Reflect

The Five Minute Friday word for today is reflect.




As I reflect on this past year, I find things that make me happy and things that make me sad. I lost a friend earlier this year and have had other unpleasant things to deal with.

On the other hand, I have made new friends and have improved somewhat in my writing skills. I have continued writing poems which is very enjoyable to me.

One of my goals was to have my house rid of clutter, but that goal is very illusive. It seems that the more I take out, the more comes in. Must. Remedy. That.

Another practice I wanted to establish was to have more regular times of prayer. I have been able to do that to an extent, but not as much as I had hoped. But I am happy with any progress made.

My computer stopped working and I've had to make do with an older laptop with an unfunctioning monitor so it is hooked up to a monitor on my desk.

Some fun activities have been a trip to visit daughter Jamie and meet an online friend in person.




My time is up already, but I think I'll continue just a bit.

I have continued my practice of working in my art journal and expanding it to other notebooks as well. I have found it to be a form of reflection as I think about how to arrange things and what form of media to use. Mostly it's been collage with some occasional found poetry.

My husband and I celebrated our 41st anniversary by staying a couple of days in Gatlinburg, TN, where we spent time resting and walking and taking pictures. I was surprised that our motel room had an actual key rather than a card or code.




A highlight of the year was my first time attending the Allume conference in Greenville, SC, in October. There I met more online friends and have enjoyed their friendship more.




Most recently I've taken on a holiday haiku challenge which you can read about at Wendy Speake in case you'd like to join in.

On the whole as I reflect on 2015, I find myself at peace as we approach the end of the year. Even though some events have been difficult, I am always able to find peace in knowing that God is faithful and will be with me wherever I go.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!