Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thanksgiving Greetings from Our House to Yours




Tomorrow many of us will be gathering with loved ones to reflect on our blessings and to have a feast together.

 
Thanksgiving is often pictured as a lovely family time, but often there is a mother who feels very stressed. In my family there are several birthdays that occur during Thanksgiving week, and I usually let them pick what they want for breakfast and dinner. As you can imagine when there is a birthday on Wednesday, Thanksgiving on Thursday and another birthday on Friday, I have been exhausted by the end of the week. This week happens to be lined up that way, but I am choosing not to stress about it. 


I am actually enjoying the planning and preparation this time.


Because a grandson also has a birthday today, we had my son's birthday dinner yesterday - homemade lasagna, salad and some garlic bread with a yummy homemade cheesecake for dessert. 


*We have a rather large family, but this year there will only be about thirteen of us.*

My oldest daughter and her family will be here, and although we don't live too far apart it's been a while since we've gotten together.  I wonder what stories my grandchildren will have to share from their adventures in homeschooling and otherwise. They are so full of life and will bring some much needed excitement into our home.

We will also have my mom and probably all three of my sons joining us. There will be some catching up on news of all their activities, some interesting discussions and possibly a long walk outdoors after the meal to enjoy the beauty of nature and burn some of those calories.


There may be clutter all around, and my house won't be as clean as I'd like.


I may not have a big variety of foods or extravagant desserts. 


It probably will not be picture perfect, but there will be love and laughter and a happy time. We will celebrate and also fondly remember those who are not with us.



Have a blessed day and remember to give thanks!


For those who are sorrowful this Thanksgiving I pray that God will be with you and grant comfort and peace as only He can.



the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 
(IICorinthians 1:3,4)



I'm linking up with #ThankfulThursday!

*Due to last minute circumstances there were only four of us today, so it was a rather peaceful and still enjoyable day.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!