Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Our Carolina Hilltop Home


Our #wholemama linkup this week is all about home. To me home is where my family is and except for a short time away, our home has been here in the Carolina foothills since 1998. I wrote this poem last year but recently changed it up a bit. I hope it conveys to you a little bit about my home. Enjoy!




Near the Carolina foothills
stands a house made of logs
Front porch view will give you chills
Back boasts forest scenes

In spring of nineteen ninety-eight
our family of nine
moved into this hilltop home
filled with scent of pine




Our dwelling place of many years
holds hidden memories
of laughter and of tears
deep within its walls

We shared our space with friends in need
with teens from distant lands,
We celebrated birthdays
weaving tighter strands



Toasty warm from wood stove heating
sipping homemade cocoa
talking, laughing, eating
Fun times wrapped with love




Be sure to visit Erika Shirk and #wholemama to join the linkup and read what others have written about home. I'm also linkup up with #IntentionalTuesday.

*The outdoor photos are my own taken outside my house. The other one was taken in 2001 when for a time there were 13 people living in our home. We had two exchange students - one from France and one from Spain, and a friend with her little girl.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!