Monday, October 5, 2015

Shoes, Hats, Scarves, Oh My!

Welcome to Day 5 of my 31 Days to an Attractive Clutter Free Bedroom! Today has been a very busy day hence the lateness of my post. If this is your first visit, I'll let you know I'm following some of the advice in Marie Kondo's book, the life-changing magic of tidying up

The first category is clothing and today I am going through shoes, hats, scarves and belts. First up is shoes.




Believe it or not these are all the shoes I own.! I had already discarded some earlier this year. Today I decided to get rid of the two black pairs on the right. They are cute shoes, but they hurt my feet so I never wear them. The rest of the shoes I am keeping. 

Do you think maybe I like sandals? I have three pairs of chacos! There are just very comfortable and supportive. The other two pair of sandals are fun to wear. The leather boots in the back are also very comfortable and perfect to dress up an outfit. Believe it or not they are pretty old and are hand-me-downs (or should I say hand-me-ups) from one of my daughters. 

The brown boots I keep for the few times we have snow here in upstate South Carolina. The pink with orange ties are my running shoes so they are needed as I prepare for my first 5K coming up in November.

Maybe it's time to buy some newer shoes. What do you think?

Next I went through my hats, scarves, purses and belts. Most of the belts I never wear so they were ousted except for the wide one in the front. The four purses along with my brown leather one not shown I decided to keep.




What surprised me were the number of hats! Can you believe all those straw hats? They've been collected over the years. Since my granddaughters enjoy playing dress-up I am keeping them all for now. They may be stored somewhere besides my bedroom.

The two hats that didn't make the keep list were two winter ones I never wear. I did keep the one with faux fur, because it was a gift from my husband. I wear it sometimes and am not ready to part with it yet.

I'm glad to see the progress made in my room, but there is still a ways to go. I'll spare you the details of going through socks, pajamas, underwear and exercise clothes. Maybe tomorrow I'll tackle my desk.

(First day of sunshine and blue skies after many days of rain)


Thank you for joining me! I hope you come back for another visit. Until then be blessed and have a good night!


The Lord bless you, and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine on you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord turn His face toward you
And give you peace.
(Numbers 6:24-26)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!