Sunday, October 4, 2015

Sabbath Rest and a Prayer


Today is Day 4 of my #write31days series, 31 Days to an Attractive Clutter Free Bedroom.  Since it is Sunday, I'm going to take a break from the bedroom declutter and maybe do a little decluttering of my mind and heart.





On the glorious splendor of thy majesty,
And on thy wonderful works,
I will meditate.
(Psalm 14:5)

He counts the number of the stars;
He gives names to all of them.
(Psalm 147:4)

It was a good day to rest and meditate on Scripture. I also had some uninterrupted time of prayer. Writing in my prayer journal, I pleaded with God about some things dear to my heart.

Having the quiet time alone was good for me. I was inspired to write this prayer/poem to share with you. May you be blessed and encouraged as you read and pray along.

On This Day of Rest

Father, on this day of rest
Help me see that You know best

Calm my heart and give me peace
As I my cares and fears release

Keep me in Your warm embrace
Guide me through each storm I face

You alone deserve my praise
Throughout all my length of days

Make my life a blessing, Lord
Offering hope, not a sword

At the start of each new day
May I not forget to pray

When at night my eyes I close
Let me sleep in sweet repose.





I'm linking up with: 
Lisha Epperson and #GiveMeGrace.
Weekend Whispers


All photos and artwork are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!