Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pause, Take a Deep Breath, Enjoy


Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living being.
(Genesis 2:7)

Isn't that amazing? God took some dust, shaped a human being and made him come alive by breathing into his nostrils! That same God created this beautiful sunrise. Take a moment to reflect on the beauty and let it work its magic.




Man is like a breath;
his days are like a passing shadow.
(Psalm 144:4)

Whoa! Compared to eternity our lives on this earth are not very long at all. You know what this tells me? Life is too short to spend all our time working and constantly doing something. Every now and then during our busy days, we need to slow down, take a deep breath and reflect on the beauty God sends our way. Some days you might have to look hard for the beauty, but you will find it if you don't give up.




I've been going through my clothes these first few days of 31 Days to an Attractive Clutter Free BedroomThat category will be finished today, but instead of writing about it I decided to share how I decorated my dresser to make it an attractive area rather than a catchall.

First, the junk was cleared off. I will spare you from having to look at a picture of that. Believe me, you wouldn't want to see it. Next, I got the homemade furniture polish that I shared in THIS POST, and used it to clean the wood. After that I arranged a few things on top that were pleasing to me. 




The jewelry box was a gift from my parents when I graduated from high school. My mom gave me the candle, one daughter decorated a bottle to make a vase for the flowers, and another daughter created the art in the picture frame. Here is a closer look of her artwork and the poem.




Today the #wholemama prompt is the word breath. Starting early this morning with the sunrise, I have taken time to pause and breathe and enjoy. I have been more aware of the beauty around me. 

There is still a lot of mess, and I'm far from finished with my job of decluttering, but I am refreshed and ready to tackle the next category in Marie Kondo's suggested order. 

Whenever we begin to feel overwhelmed with our days, let's remember to pause, take a deep breath and relax before going on to the next task.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!