Saturday, October 31, 2015

Five Minute Friday: Bacon

For the first time in several weeks I finally have time to join Five Minute Friday. The prompt is the word bacon. If you go to the linkup at Kate Motaung's blog you'll find out how that word was chosen.

START:

Remember that childhood ditty,
,
Bacon, bacon, who's got the bacon?

Oh no, wait.  It wasn't bacon it was

Button, button, who's got the button?

It was a game where a button would be passed around until one person kept it. Then the guesser had to figure out who had the button.

Silly, but it's the first thing that came to my mind.

Bacon is one of my favorite foods. I have it for breakfast several times a week along with eggs from our chickens. I love to smell it as it sizzles in the iron skillet early in the morning!




Bacon has gotten a bad rap, but it is really a food that is good for you if it is from hogs that have been pasture raised rather than in a confined facility where they eat who knows what.

Our delicious bacon comes either from Brick House Farms in Gaffney, SC, or Walker Century Farms in Anderson, SC.

If you have never tasted fresh bacon from pasture raised hogs you are missing a treat. 

Try it sometime. You won't be disappointed!

Well, my time is up. 

Have a great evening and enjoy the Autumn colors and crisp weather!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!