Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Changes and an Answer to Prayer

Welcome to Day 7 of 31 Days to an Attractive Clutter Free Bedroom! I have had a couple of busy days so have not been able to actually sort through the next category which will be books. I may not get to it for awhile. Let me explain...

We just found out yesterday that within two weeks time my mother will be moving out of her house into a smaller apartment. By the end of the month she will have a closing on the sale of her house, so everything has to be cleaned out. This all literally has happened so fast we can hardly believe it. It is surely an answer to prayer!


(Mother enjoying some time on the porch a few years ago)

I will be spending a good bit of time helping her not only get rid of things but decide what to keep and what to give away. I first thought this might mean I would have to postpone my bedroom decluttering and also my #write31days.

To my surprise I figured out a way to do both!  

Mother has some things that I can use, and I have items that she can use. We both have things to throw away. So while I won't work exclusively in my bedroom, I will be getting rid of stuff from other parts of the house to make room for furniture and other items she is gifting me. They are special because they belonged to her and hold many memories.


(Here we are doing one of our favorite things)

Today I spent some time with her, and we had a lot of fun. We looked at her new apartment, ate lunch out and talked about all the changes that are coming rather quickly. I am happy for her, because she is excited. She feels like a weight has been lifted because all the things she had been concerned about are being taken care of. I'm amazed at how much better she looks and feels!

You're probably wondering what all this has to do with my 31 Days to an Attractive Clutter Free Bedroom.   I'm getting to it...

My project for today was to do something to make my bedroom more attractive. My mother makes quilts, lots of them. Today she gave me a beautiful one with matching pillows that she made a few years ago. I've always loved that quilt, so I was excited. I put it on the bed and love how it brightens up the room. 




I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring as far as my declutter project. It will be a day spent getting ready for some special visitors, namely some grandchildren and their daddy. We're looking forward to a happy time together!

By the way, did I tell you my mother is 92 years old? No one believes it!

To find a listing for the rest of my #write31days, you can go to This Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!