Thursday, September 10, 2015

Questions and Answers



Have you ever struggled with any of those questions? I know I have. Perhaps it is indicative of our lives that because we are ever growing and changing we have to revisit them periodically. We need to be sure we are anchored in the truth. In some areas when we gain more understanding our views may change.

But some things never change.

When we are born into the family of God by believing in Jesus through the faith that God gives us, we are secure in His love. Our faith may be sorely tested, but God is faithful.  He will go with us and will never leave us even when it seems like we are alone.  If we continually look to him we will eventually realize he is there and see his hand at work. I know, because I’ve been there many times.



Who am I?
I am a woman created in the image of God by the great Creator himself.  He loves me and  has made me his child, which gives me great worth. You, too have been created in his image. YOU ARE LOVED. You have great worth.


Why am I here?
My life should be at least a partial reflection of the essence of God. With his image stamped on me and his Holy Spirit living within me I am able to bring glory to God and demonstrate His existence in many ways. You can, too.

  • Because he is Creator, I am able to create. 
  • Because he is love, I am able to love.
  • Because he cares and encourages me, I am able to care for others.
  • Because he gives me peace, I can help others to find peace.



What is my purpose?
Purpose is a loaded word. It can apply to one overarching goal in life or to one simple task. Besides bringing glory to God, I believe part of my purpose is to encourage other people, especially other women. Most of us probably have an overall purpose, but also many smaller ones that ultimately point to our greater purpose.

What do I believe?

  • I believe there is one God who created us all. 
  • I believe in Jesus, his son, who is God incarnate. He died and was resurrected to pay for our sins since we could not do it for ourselves. 
  • I believe in the Holy Spirit, who was given to us to help bring us to God, teach us his ways, and enable us to do what he has called us to do every day of our lives. 
  • I believe God is a trinity - Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

How does my belief affect who I am and what I do?
Some may think that because I am a Christian my life will somehow be boring and dull with no excitement. They might think I have to follow a rigid set of rules with no room to try new things. Or maybe I just have to be one more link in the chain and  forget about all my desires. But nothing could be farther from the truth. My belief system is the source of my strength, because it is more than a system. 

It is a relationship with a Person.
It is my very foundation for life. It keeps me grounded and begs me to reach for the light. It enables me  to continue to grow, to stretch my wings and fly toward my fullest potential. Rather than squelch my creativity, it gives me a desire to explore and try new things, to discover who I  am and what ways I am uniquely me.



What does it mean to be me?
I’ve saved this question for last intentionally, because my being, my essence, draws from all that I’ve said before. Besides my calling as wife, mother and grandmother, I believe God has more in store for me. My job does not define me. I am more than what I do.

I am a person created in God’s image with many desires and abilities, some known, some yet undiscovered. 

I am a writer, an artist, a musician, a teacher, a lover, a baker, a photographer, a crocheter, a blue belt in karate, an encourager, a hostess, a finder of beauty in ordinary places, and much more. Now I don’t do all these things at once and I’m not an expert in any of them, but they all are part of me.


  • I want to BE fully present in whatever situation I find myself, the pleasant and the unpleasant alike, because God is there whether I see him or not. 
  • I want to BE fully aware of my surroundings, to take in the beauty as well as the ugliness.  
  • I want to BE fully engaged with my whole being - all my senses - to not miss any of the wonder of life that meets me every second of every day.

My challenge to each of us is that we will:
  • Look for the wonder in each day. 
  • Fulfill our tasks with the attitude that each one is important. 
  • Know that we are making a difference in our world.

Will you take the challenge with me? 


With God’s help we can learn to be grateful and look for the good. We cannot reach everyone, but we can brighten the lives of those in our circles.

Individually our offerings may seem like only a drop in the bucket, but collectively we can make a big splash!




I’m linking up with Erika Shirk and #wholemama. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve joined, but in a way I’ve combined the prompts from the past three weeks which were the words, be, purpose and belief.

I'm also linking up with Kelly Balarie's #raralinkup and Holley Gerth's Coffee for Your Heart. and Lisha Epperson's #GiveMeGrace and Janis Cox's Sunday Stillness and Barbie Swihart's Weekend Whispers.

***All photos and artwork are my own***

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!