Friday, June 26, 2015

I Dream

Today the Five Minute Friday word is dream. The idea is to write for five minutes on the topic not worrying about editing or getting it perfect. Just have fun!

I woke up during the night last night and thought about the prompt. While lying in bed I came up with a poem rather quickly and actually remembered the first two stanzas this morning. I tried to remember more, but couldn't so I wrote what came to mind in the time remaining.

It is short and simple, but with all the heartache around us I wanted us to dream of better days.


(photo by gayl)

I Dream

I dream of a world
where wrongs are made right
where all are deemed equal
with no need to fight.

I dream of a world
where dark becomes light
where all that is hidden
is out in plain sight

I dream of a world
that's filled with delight
and all of the people
are happy and bright.



If you'd like to join us or read the offerings of others please click on over to Kate Motaung's blog for Five Minute Friday. I'm also joining Lisha Epperson with #GiveMeGrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!