Friday, June 5, 2015

All Kinds of Gifts


Gift is the Five Minute Friday word for today.


(one of my mom's beautiful roses)


Gifts can come in all shapes and sizes and for any number of reasons.

Gifts are fun to give especially when you've picked out something you know the receiver will like.

Gifts are also fun to get even though sometimes they may not be just what you wanted. At least you were thought of by someone.

Gifts can also be in the form of the beauty we see all around us in the sky, in flowers, in architecture, really in just about anything. Sometimes we find a gift as we see a beautiful reflection in a rain puddle on the ground.

What about the gift of a beautiful sunset over the ocean or a sunrise coming up over the mountain.


(watching the sunrise from my front porch)


We are blessed in so many ways. We miss many gifts when our lives are full of running all the time and never stopping to notice what is right in front of us.

The greatest gift we have as Christians is the gift of eternal life purchased for us by Jesus when He gave His life and then was resurrected.

We can be gifts to each other as we share our words, our paintings, our drawing, our music, or whatever our talent may be.


(photo taken from my front porch)
(To clarify, I wrote the above poem at a different time, not for Five Minute Friday.)

My time is up, but I wanted to mention that the greatest gifts I have received are my husband who loves and cares for me daily, and the beautiful children and grandchildren God has given me. 


Be sure to visit Kate Motaung and Five Minute Friday. I'm also linking up with The Weekend Brew ,#SmallWonder, and the #RaRaLinkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!