Friday, April 17, 2015

Tomorrow, Always a New Day

The Five Minute Friday word for today is tomorrow.  You can read all about it HERE.




When my children were young and excited about what was going to happen the next day, they had a hard time going to sleep the night before. So I would tell them that the sooner they got to sleep the sooner tomorrow would come. I'm not sure if it really worked or if they even believed me, but eventually they would get to sleep.

Tomorrow sounds like such a magical word. It's in the future, and we don't know what the future holds. It could be something exciting or boring. It could be happy or sad. We could get our hopes up for something thinking it would come tomorrow and then be disappointed.

What I like about tomorrow is that it's always a brand new day. I might mess up today. I might not do all that I had planned. I might wish it would last longer and stay up too late trying to make it last. But I look forward to tomorrow, because I can start afresh. I can finish what was left undone the day before, or I can do something entirely different.

Whatever tomorrow holds I know that I am held by my heavenly Father. Nothing can separate me from the love of God.



Don't forget to check out other  Five Minuteriday writings at Kate Motaung's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!