Friday, April 10, 2015

What a Relief!

It has been a couple of weeks since I participated in Five Minute Friday. I have been pretty busy with activities and other writing, so it's good to be back again.  The topic this week is the word relief.

GO:

Relief comes in many forms. Recently my computer decided it wouldn't boot up. A message said the hard drive was full and needed to be remedied. According to my son it will not start unless it is hooked up to another computer in order to delete some files to make room. I didn't know how to do that so I'll have to wait until he has time.




At first I started to panic. I wondered if I would lose those files. Then, relief, when I remembered I had recently transferred files to my SD card.

To my dismay, when I inserted the card into another computer it didn't work. It said the card needed formatting. I knew if I did that I would lose everything on it. That meant all my poems, stories, anything I had written in the last 1 1/2 years would be gone.

Then I remembered another computer that had the same operating system as the one that wouldn't start. So I put the SD card there.

RELIEF! It worked. I was so happy.

My son suggested I back up the SD card onto a flash drive. I think I'll take his advice.

STOP



Have a great weekend everyone!  Don't forget to checkout Five Minute Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!