Thursday, March 26, 2015

When Mid-Afternoon is Near




When mid-afternoon is near,
Are you filled with cheer?
Or is worry creeping in
filling you with fear?

Lunch seems hours in the past.
Time is moving fast.
Still so much left to be done
Will the daylight last?

Cannot take a break you say.
Work must last all day.
I say that you need a pause
taking time to pray.

Thank God for the morning sun,
and for things you've done
in the first part of the day.
Now take time for fun.

Thank God for His love for you
and your fam'ly, too.
Ask for strength to finish well
all you need to do.

Back to work when you're refreshed
Knowing you are blessed.
With joy prepare your dinner
Then take time to rest.


(This poem was prompted by a lesson in Jamie Bagley's e-course.)





I wrote this poem/prayer not only to myself but to others, especially those of you who are mothers with young children. 

I'm not too old to remember mid-afternoon to be a time when kids were fussy and I was feeling tired, wondering how I would have enough strength to make supper and finish out the day. 

If only I had thought to just stop, take a few minutes to pause, pray, do something fun, relax, I'm sure it would have been easier to get through the rest of the day. 

I hope this encourages you today to take time to pause in your busy schedule even if you think there isn't time. 

Sometimes it only takes a few minutes to make a big difference in how the rest of your day proceeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!