Friday, March 27, 2015

The Sky is Dark and Full of Clouds



The sky is dark and full of clouds dropping rain upon the earth.
There is something peaceful about the sound of steady rainfall.
Even though sunshine is missing, the earth is being nourished.
I praise God that He knows the need and sends it in His timing.

At this mid-afternoon hour it's easy to get discouraged.
Energy is waning; patience wearing thin; I lose focus.
My determination, strong in the morning, begins to drop.
My Father sees my every need and provides as He sees fit.


Remind me how you love me, Lord, giving strength to do my work.
Show me in my struggles, joy is even then within my grasp.
Remind me how I can empathize with those You bring my way.
Show me how my friendly smile may bring cheer to one in passing.


The sky is dark and full of clouds dropping rain upon the earth.
There is something peaceful about the sound of steady rainfall.
Even though the sunshine is missing, I thank You, Lord, for Your light.
Give me grace to finish my day in peace and with thanksgiving.

(There was rain most of today and then this evening just before sunset the sun came out again!)
This prayer/poem was inspired by prompts for the mid-afternoon hour of None (pronounced "known") from Jamie Bagley's e-course on prayer.

I'm linking up with Lisha Epperson and the #GiveMeGrace community. I'm also linking up with Stacey Thureen and #FindStability

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!