Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Daffodil and a Prayer

In the e-course I am taking from Jamie Bagley called A Heart for Prayer: Book of Hours, our second exercise for the hour called Vigils included using an image to inspire the prayer we would write. I chose this picture of a daffodil that I took a couple of days ago. I decided to write a haiku first and then my prayer.



Yellow, fresh and free
Beauty rising through dead grass
A daffodil blooms



Almighty God, the three in One
I come to you this evening
in praise and adoration
of all your mighty works.

This daffodil evokes in me
feelings of joy and brightness.
The winter is dark and grey,
but spring is coming soon.

I think back to one fall ev'ning
when with two happy grandkids
we planted each bulb with care
to wait for spring to come.

I thank you for your loving care
for me and all creation.
Give me patience as I wait,
for spring is coming soon.

May your grace and peace surround me
when I close my eyes this night,
Resting, hoping, dreaming, as
I wait for spring to come.


I'm linking up with the lovely Lisha Epperson and #GiveMeGrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!