Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My Noonday Prayer


(photo taken in my front yard)

At this midday hour may I pause to remember what is important.
Keep my focus on the One who loves me and gives me strength.
Lord, I am weak of will. I let distractions pull me away from my purpose.
May I find grace in this hour to keep my eyes on You and stay the course.

May I remember that my body also needs attention in order to function well.
Give me wisdom to prioritize plans and balance times for work, exercise, rest.
May I take time to prepare food that nurtures, sustains and is appealing .
May I have strength to do all these things well.

May I be in prayer for each family member in my home and those who live elsewhere.
May I be open to the needs of people around me as I interact in person and online.
Give me patience, love and a tender heart to relate well even when I feel agitated.
May I cultivate magnanimity of hospitality and generosity toward everyone I meet.

May my life be a demonstration of the power of Your love.
May I be an instrument of peace beginning in my own home.
May this peace and love extend to my neighbors and beyond.
May the whole world come to know the peace that only You can give.

Father, nothing comes close to the extent of Your love for me.
May I bow in reverence and lift my voice in praise to You.
Lord, I am weak of will. I let distractions pull me away from you.
May I find grace in this hour to keep my eyes on You and stay the course.


(This was taken while standing on my front porch)


This is another prayer written in response to prompts in Jamie Bagley's e-course on prayer.  I am linking up with Kelly Balarie and Friends and the #RaRaLinkup which today is at Angela Parlin's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!