Saturday, March 14, 2015

Light and Beauty, A Prayer of Thanksgiving




Thank you, Lord, for light and beauty
in loving family relationships, with joy and sadness, closeness and love.

Thank you, Lord, for beauty and light
in the ever changing sky and beautiful flowers, all pointing to You.

Thank you, Lord, for light and beauty
in growing friendships that strengthen my walk with You.

Thank you, Lord, for beauty and light
in art, music and poetry, evoking joy or sadness, revealing deep truths.

Thank you, Lord, for light and beauty,
for without them life would be dull, dark, colorless, shapeless.

Thank you, Lord, for beauty and light
which you have provided to bring nourishment for our very souls.

Thank you, Lord, for light and beauty
in the ability you give me to create with words, sounds, images.

When I look at your creation -stars, sun, moon, clouds, trees, flowers,
animals, rain, snow, blowing winds, I am filled with reverent awe.

With my whole being I want to praise and worship You, our majestic,
wonderful, loving, faithful Creator and Sustainer, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

May I look to You this day for wisdom, grace, and strength,
with eyes wide open to see beauty and light wherever I am.





I hope you were encouraged as you read the prayer and looked at the beautiful flowers. May God give us all eyes to see beauty and light right where we are today.

For more encouragement check out Kelly Balarie and the #RaRaLinkup!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!