Friday, February 20, 2015

Open Up!

Usually before I start writing a Five Minute Friday post I have to think about the prompt for awhile. Today was no exception. I began by making a list of phrases that began with the word open putting down whatever came to mind thinking to use it as a springboard. I came up with some interesting things.

Reading over them I saw the sentence, Opening your mouth. That brought back a funny memory. When I was about 10 years old, I was riding my bike around the yard, because my mom wouldn't let us ride in the street. I must have had my mouth open because in flew a butterfly. Boy, did that feel disgusting! I remember telling my mom about it saying, “It sure didn't taste like butter!”




Another statement I wrote was Open your life to receive blessings and trials. We need to be willing to accept whatever God allows in our lives knowing that He will be with us and do what is best.

Open up to understanding others is another sentence in my list. I want to be willing to listen to others, to get to know their hearts, to encourage them in any way I can. Even if we have differing views, I can still listen and try to understand where they are coming from.



Open up to the wonder
Open up to the light
Open up to the beauty

My time is up, but I thought you might be interested in seeing the rest of the list I came up with. Maybe you can use them as prompts sometime when you can't think of what to write.


Open your heart
Open your eyes
Open your ears

Open the door
Open the curtain of your life
Open the oven door
Open the fridge
Open the gate
Open the window
Open the cabinet
Open the suitcase

Open a can of worms
Open a present
Open a new journal
Open a letter

Opening a jar of peanut butter
Opening of a concert
Opening of a new show
Opening of a dream


Don't forget to visit Kate Motaung and the rest of the Five Minute Friday writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!