Friday, February 13, 2015

When

I'm updating this post to share with Kelly Balarie's #RaRaLinkup. Be sure to catch the poem at the end. I hope you will be encouraged.

Friday is here again, the day that many of us take the challenge and write for five minutes on a one word prompt given by Kate Motaung and #FiveMinuteFriday.  Today's word is When.

GO:

Sometimes when I see the prompt I'll think of different phrases to write and it starts to become a poem. There have been times when I have written a poem in the five minutes allotted so I will use it for my five minute writing. Today, like one other time, I started a poem and wanted to finish it even though it took more than five minutes. So that's what I did and will still share it here at the end.


(chimes on my back porch)

Often when I see the prompt I like to think about it awhile before I write anything down. I think many of us do that, and it's okay to take time.

It's hard for me to write and not try to edit as I go, but the five minute Friday writing is supposed to be free writing. 

The thinking is to write whatever comes to mind, but the editor in me always wants to make sure it looks or sounds right before I hit publish. I guess it's hard to be vulnerable and put our unedited writing out there for all to see.

When will we learn that it is okay to not have everything just so?

It's okay for others to see our mistakes.

No one is perfect, and when we allow others to see our imperfections we can often encourage them. 

We let each other know that we are not alone.

And now I've gone over five minutes again, but it's okay.

 (woods behind my house)

God Is With Me Always

When I am lost and all alone
And cannot see the way
You are there to guide me
To help me through the day.

When I find it hard to trust
And doubt your loving care
You are always with me
Though I am unaware.

When I am all upset inside
And feel my anger rise
You bring peace to calm me
To still my anxious cries.

When I come to you in sorrow
With a heart full of pain
You are there to comfort
And lift me up again.

No matter what I say or do
I do not have to hide
You are full of mercy
In you I will abide.


(photo taken by my house)


Come join us for Five Minute Friday and see what others have to say! Also check out Kelly Balarie and Friends #RaRaLinkup.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!