Friday, January 16, 2015

Send Me?

Once again it is Five Minute Friday time! This week the one word prompt is SEND.

I found out last night about the prompt and it sparked the beginning of a little poem in my imagination. Of course I spent a lot of time thinking about it so it really couldn't be included as something written in just five minutes. So I will share it at the end of the post.


(Taken Dec. 14 in the woods by my house)


GO:

As I was thinking about the word send, my thoughts went back to when I was a young teenager. After hearing missionaries speak at my church, I was convinced that God wanted me to be a missionary. I wondered where He might send me.

After one evening of listening to a missionary speak, I told her of my desire and asked what she would recommend for me to learn in order to follow my desire.  She told me to learn everything I could about any and everything, because being a missionary was not just telling people about Jesus.

Years have passed since then, and I never made it to a foreign field, but God has sent me to many places.  Early in our marriage before children my husband and I actually spent a week at Wheaton College for missionary training with a mission board. WE had planned to go to Venezuela, but as we found out more and realized that our children would be sent to boarding schools when they became school age, we decided that we would wait and maybe go after our children grew up.

Well, we never made it to another country, but God did send us to many places throughout the USA. I only hope that I was able to make a difference in a good way in people's lives, just as they had ministered to me.

TIME'S UP.
                                                               

Here's the little poem I promised with a drawing to go with it. Enjoy!



           Send me a package
           if you please,
           a cute little teddy bear
           I can squeeze.

           Send me a letter
           every day.
           Make sure to include all you
           want to say.

           Send me some pictures
           you have made.
           Show me all the places
           you have stayed.

           And when they send you
           back to me,
           imagine just how happy
           we will be.



Thanks for reading, and I hope you'll hop on over to Five Minute Friday and read what others have been prompted to say about the word SEND.

#fmfparty #drawing #poetry #photography #amwriting

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!