Friday, December 12, 2014

To Prepare My Heart

Today is the day many gather to share words written on a topic picked for Five Minute Friday. The challenge is to write for five minutes not worrying about getting everything just right. It's a chance to have fun and just write. Today's topic is the word prepare.

GO:

I love this time of year.  I really do, but often when December comes around I feel very unprepared.  Every year I plan to have all the Christmas presents bought early so that I can relax as the time draws near. 

 Usually what really happens is that I am rushing around at the last minute trying to find stocking stuffers and other gifts for our rather large family. 

 My preparations are not really in line with how I want to be or feel.

This year I am not ready either as far as gifts and decorations or parties or food goes, but something is different this year.  

I am not stressing about how it's all going to work out.

I have prepared somewhat by having our Advent wreath out, and we are trying to have readings every evening. We don't always get to it, but there is no pressure.

I am trying to prepare my heart, not because I expect Jesus to come again as a baby, but because I want to remember the miracle of his coming to earth. 

I want to prepare my heart to receive his blessings anew, because every day he gives more gifts.




If you'd like to join in with the Five Minute Friday group but aren't quite sure how it all works you can find an explanation HERE.  We'd love for you to join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!