Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What is Real Beauty?

The Real Talk topic for today is Real Beauty. What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of the word beauty? When I looked it up on RhymeZone here is what I found:


Definitions of Beauty

noun: the qualities that give pleasure to the senses
noun: an outstanding example of its kind
noun: a very attractive or seductive looking woman



Every definition has something to do with pleasure or attractiveness or something that stands out above others in its field. While these are definitely qualities of a kind of beauty, I believe beauty goes much deeper.


Real Beauty Comes from Inside



When I was a child I met an older lady, who at first glance looked very much like one of those storybook witches with the wrinkled face and long curved nose. As I got to know her I noticed none of that; all I saw was beauty. Her love for God was deep. She was one of the kindest people I have ever known, always helping others, never complaining. 


Her beauty came from within and she was simply radiant, a lovely example of a godly woman.


When we realize who we are in Christ and are obedient to His calling on our lives, then we will also radiate the beauty as we reflect His love to others. 


Marvia Davidson, who hosts Real Talk, encouraged us to think about the connection we have to who we are in Christ and what He has called us to do, then to make a visual of what that divine uniqueness in us is like. 


As she and I were chatting last night she suggested I use my art journal as my Real Talk. That sounded good to me so here it is:




What is your definition of real beauty? You can share a story, a poem, a blog post or some art. We would love to have you join us at RealTalk. There you will find a place to link up and to read others as they add their links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!