Thursday, November 20, 2014

Colors All Around

The Five Minute Friday prompt this week is the word notice.

I took a walk late one afternoon this week despite the chilly wind. It had been awhile since I walked in the woods and I wanted to walk slowly with the intent to notice things I might normally pass by.


I saw colors of  green and brown and yellow.


There was a red leaf all by itself amongst the brown ones scattered on the ground.


I found some tiny yellow berry like things on a bush.


There were some tiny red leaves still hanging on a branch just blowing in the wind.


The sky was very cloudy but there were still patches of blue shining through.


Because of the shadows as the sun was setting my house looked dark with the bright sun going down but still shining peeking out from behind the house.


It's amazing what all we can see if we just slow down and notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!