Friday, November 28, 2014

Gifts From God

Today's Five Minute Friday prompt is the word Give. When I began thinking about writing tonight, I wanted to include something about the gift of nature and how It always inspires and refreshes me when I take time to walk through the woods slowly and contemplatively. I started a poem but since it took more than five minutes I decided to include it at the end and write something else for the five minutes.

Start:


This God of ours is so wondrously great. He gives me gifts everyday that are often overlooked. I have air to breathe and food to eat. I have friends and family who love me. There is so much to see all around if we open our eyes.




God has given me a heart that wants to help and encourage others. Sometimes I give so much of myself that I get tired, even exhausted. Then I am thankful I have a place to lay my head and rest.

I also realize that others give so much to me. They listen to me and encourage me. There is the gift of laughter that we share. Last night we played a silly game called Quelf. We ranged in age from children to parents to grandparents. It was a lovely time filled with lots of laughter.

Stop, time is up.






When I walk outside
on a bright autumn day
where the wind blows cool
making all the trees sway

When the air is crisp
giving me a slight chill
when my eyes look up
to see over the hill

It gives me such peace
a bonding with nature
as I breathe the air
so refreshingly pure

This is a lifeline
connecting me to God
who created all
down to the very sod

This gift of nature
So beautiful to see
Makes me feel I have
Glanced at eternity

                                  ~gayl wright



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!