Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Things I Believe

For Real Talk this week Marvia is inviting us to think about declarations. What are truths that we know and believe deep in our hearts? What do we need to declare or speak to others? My beliefs are rooted firmly in the Holy Bible, because there I read what God shows us from His heart to ours.

(photo by Gayl Wright)
My beliefs are also rooted in what God has shown us in His creation. I will always believe there is beauty to be found even in brokenness, because God is there even we we do not see or perceive. Our world is broken. We are broken. In the midst of all the brokenness God is making all things new. One day everyone will bow before Him and acknowledge Him as Lord of all.


But according to his promise we are 
waiting for new heavens and a new earth 
in which righteousness dwells.
(II Peter 3:13 ESV)


One truth that is very real to me is that I am a child of God, and no one can change that fact. I am secure in Him.


My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they will never perish,
and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
(John 10:27,28 ESV)


Because I am a child of God I have a responsibility to live my life in a way that points others to Him. I am called to show love and to be hospitable. I will not do these things perfectly, but that doesn't mean I should just give up and not try. God knows that I am human and will make mistakes, and He has promised to help me as I look to Him for wisdom, strength and grace. I would like to leave you with some excerpts from Romans 12: 9 - 21.


Let love be genuine, abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.

Live in harmony with one another.

Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.

If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.



It is my prayer that my life will demonstrate these truths as I continue to pray and seek Him every day. May we all seek to live out these truths in our lives and show Jesus to others.

Come join us for Real Talk and share your own. We'd love to have you.

Find the rest of the #31Days of Love, Faith and Creativity HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!