Friday, October 24, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Dare

I'm in the car writing this in a journal while listening to Cliff Richard. My husband is driving and I'm just enjoying the ride and the music. We are heading to a daughter's to have supper and spend the evening. Actually, one of my sons is making pizza there.


Now you may wonder what all this has to do with the word “dare.” Think about it like this. We are “daring” to leave our quiet home and fight interstate rush hour traffic to drive for an hour to spend time with family.

(This was our view as we traveled)
When I was younger when I'd hear the word “dare” it was in relation to someone being taunted by “I dare you!” But there was also a song we sang in church called “Dare to Be a Daniel.” Daniel trusted God to the point of being thrown into the lion's den. He stood for what was right not knowing whether he would live or die.

I like to think of dare as being willing to do what it takes to throw off chains of expectations. Go against the flow if necessary to be the person God has called you to be.

If you're interested in participating in Five Minute Friday, come on over to Kate's blog where you'll find all the information and see what others have written.

This is Day 24 of my 31 Days of Love, Faith, and Creativity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!