Friday, October 10, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Care

Care is a word that evokes different connotations.  One thing that comes to mind is care package. When I was in college I always looked forward to care packages from home. My dad worked for Nabisco and was able to get free cookies when packages were damaged, so care packages always meant Oreos and other yummy things. Sometimes my mom would include homemade peanut butter fudge. Yum! Yum! My roommates always looked forward to my packages from home.

Caring for someone can include a wide variety of things from meeting their needs to being there when they need a friend. It can mean making a meal for them when they are sick or overwhelmed with responsibilities. It can mean just loving them for who they are.

We all have anxieties or cares that trouble us. Sometimes it's hard to think of anything else when we are bogged down with seemingly one bad thing after another happening to us.

What I like to think about is that God cares for me. He cares for you. He cares when you are happy and when you are sad. It is a great comfort to me to know that I can go to Him with my troubles and He will hear me and be with me. He may not take them away but He will give me strength to carry on.

(photography by Gayl Wright)
Every week Kate Motaung hosts Five Minute Friday on her blog where many people gather to share what they have written using the prompt that she provides. We either link up our blog posts or write in the comments. If you've never tried it, take a minute to read over what we do. It's always interesting to see what others write using the prompt, and sometimes we surprise ourselves.

Find the rest of the #31Days of Love, Faith and Creativity HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!