Friday, October 24, 2014

Enough for All

I'm linking up with Jamie's PoetryPrompt again. We'd love to have you join with a poem of your own. Here is her prompt for this week:

"If you opened your hands to receive, what might the outcome be?  Believe in enough."




My fists are tightly closed
facing downwards
I open my hands
a symbol of letting go

Saying goodbye to things
that cause me stress
that want me to despair 
that show me I am broken

My fists are relaxed now
facing upwards
I open my hands
a symbol of receiving

All God has for me
Peace to flood my soul
Hope to end despair
Love to make me whole

My hands are now too small
I can hold no more
Filled to overflowing
Grace enough for all 

As usual, these poems are not meant to be edited too much or polished, they are like a first draft. You can find out more by visiting Jamie's place.

This is Day 23 of my 31 Days of Love, Faith and Creativity. You can find the rest HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!