Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Windy Days


Yesterday was a very windy day where I live and today is starting out the same. I love those kinds of days! I love to feel the wind blowing across my face, hear it rustling through the leaves on the many trees surrounding us. I made sure to get outside for awhile to sit and contemplate and write.

Armed with my cup of roibos tea, my journal and a pen I found a nice sunny place on the hillside to sit and write. The next thing I knew I wasn't in the sun anymore, so I moved to a sunny place a little farther down the hill. I began writing again and was inspired to write this poem:



While I was writing, not paying attention, the sun left me again. I don't know how long I was outside, but I knew it was time to go in and make supper. What about you? Are you inspired by the wind or by rain or by the sunshine? Do you take time to rest and enjoy the beauty of creation?  It is really restful even if you only take a few moments to stop the busyness and be still, listen, observe, pray, meditate or whatever helps you to focus. Enjoy some quiet "you" time today. I'd love to hear what you do to take breaks during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!