Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Truths to Remember

The theme for this week's Real Talk Tuesday is "Truth." Marvia gave us the following questions to think about:                                                                                                

What truth resonates?

What truth captivates?

What truth restores?

What truth bolsters?

What truth do you need to remember?


The first thing that came to my mind when I thought of truth was that Jesus claimed to be the truth. In John 14:6 we read:  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; No one comes to the Father but through me."

These are the truths I need to remember always. 

Jesus is the only way to the Father. We know the Father through Jesus. He became flesh and lived among us as one of us. He was a baby and went through all the growing pains as he went through childhood and on to adulthood. He was hurt. He was happy. He was sad. He was all the things we are, even struggling with temptation, but He did not sin. Because of that He could satisfy the penalty for sin which meant He would suffer in my place, in our place. 

He was fully God while being fully man. His death and resurrection completed His task on earth and He was restored to His glory in heaven where He now is interceding for us with the Father. He did not leave us alone but sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us to help us while we are still living our lives on this earth.

The truth that resonates is that Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Creator and my Saviour. He loved me enough to die in my place. He loved me before I knew Him.

The truth that captivates is that I am set free in Him. I am a beloved daughter of the Most High God.  

The truth that restores is that even though I sin He still forgives, because in Christ I am counted blameless. It's like He gives me a new slate every day to begin again.

The truth that bolsters is that He lives in me. He strengthens me. He gives me grace to handle what comes each day. He is always holding me and I will never slip through His fingers. This gives me confidence to step out and try new things, to follow where He leads even if no one else understands.

This past year has been one of stepping out of my comfort zone and actually calling myself a writer and an artist. There has been a new awakening of my desire for creativity. I've begun to write more poems, to reach deeper to bring out hidden treasures. It almost feels like I have come alive again because of the joy I have found not only in creating and writing but in the ability to encourage others and to be encouraged.

Earlier this year I wrote a blog post about a conversation my daughter, Jamie Bagley, and I had one night. I am going to share the poem that came from that conversation, because I think it fits.  You can read that whole post HERE. It will give more insight into how we interact and help each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!