Monday, September 22, 2014

Our Wedding Weekend

In a recent online Write-In led by my friend, Abby Norman, she asked us to write about a memory using the words I do remember.../ I don't remember...   Since the 40th anniversary of my marriage was coming up I decided to write about our wedding weekend.

I do remember my maid of honor wanted to spend the night on the eve of the wedding.
I don't remember what we had for dinner that night.


I do remember that she liked to play tricks so I had already put my suitcase in Steve's car.
I don't remember what she and I did that evening except probably talk all night.


I do remember getting married in my parent's house.
I don't remember what kind of flowers we had for decorations.


I do remember seeing my aunt looking forlorn in the living room so I motioned for her to come and I hugged her. She told me that I looked so pretty.
I don't remember what she was wearing.


I do remember that as a recessional we had “God of Our Fathers” which included the trumpet introduction instead of the normal wedding recessional.
I don't  remember what other music we used.


I do remember running to the getaway car while people threw rice.
I don't remember who all was there.



I do remember Steve's brother driving the getaway car to take us to ours.
I don't remember the route we took.

I do remember two friends getting into a car to follow us.
I don't remember who one of them was.

(Steve had just bought the car from his brother-in-law)
I do remember that Steve hid the car beside a footbridge over a highway not far away.
I don't remember the name of the street.

I do remember stopping on the opposite side of the road so we could hop out, run across the footbridge and get into our car making it impossible for anyone to follow us.
I don't remember actually getting to the car, but I know we did.

(Actually a mirror image. We took a picture of ourselves!)
I do remember driving to Cypress Gardens, Florida.
I don't remember the name of the motel.

I do remember a water main broke and the motel had no water that first night.
I don't remember what we ate in the restaurant there.

(my parents and brothers) 
(both sets of parents)

Welcome back to Memoir Monday! When I was doing the 40 Days of Blogging I started making Monday the day I would share snippets of memoir, but things happened and I have not kept up. I am going to try again. This time I am making  it a link up where you can share your memories, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!