Friday, September 19, 2014

Holding Hands

It's time for Five Minute Friday again and the prompt is the word hold. Won't you join us?

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" is one of the earliest songs I remember hearing from The Beatles. I was probably around 11 years old at the time.

I think of all the hands I have held through the years - my parents when I was small, my friends as we took walks, and my husband.

There is a funny story about my husband and I before we were married. We were walking along holding hands as we left the store heading towards the car. This fairly young man came walking up to us moving his hand in a sort of chopping motion saying, “Separate! Separate!” He had a different accent. I'm not sure what it was.

We just looked at him, indicated that we would not separate and just kept walking. It was a very interesting experience.

I am also reminded of holding my children's hands when they were young. Now I have the privilege of holding the hands of my sweet grandchildren.

I found a you tube version of The Beatles singing that song in case you are interested. You can find it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!