Friday, August 15, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Tell

The first thing that came to my mind when I thought of the word “tell” was this refrain from one of the many hymns written by Fannie Crosby:

Tell me the story of Jesus,
Write on my heart every word;
Tell me the story most precious,
Sweetest that ever was heard.


It seems we need more than ever to tell others the story of Jesus, the One who came from God, who left His throne and gave up His glory for a time to live in poverty on this earth. He died so that we could have life. His was the only perfect life so He is the only one who could have made that perfect sacrifice.


But that's not where the story ends. He is alive and He is still caring for us, loving us, interceding for us with the Father. He is our way to the Father.


Sometimes, though, we Christians need to be reminded of the story. We need to tell it to ourselves over and over and remember what He did and is doing for us. We need to tell ourselves about his love and then show that love to others.


Five Minute Friday - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!