Friday, August 29, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Reach

It's time for Five Minute Friday where many of us set a timer and take five minutes to write without worrying about editing or getting it just right. We link up with others and make sure to comment on the person linked before you.  Today the prompt is "Reach."



Go:

It seems we are always reaching for something. Sometimes what we want or think we want is just out of our reach. So we work harder and harder and try again only to find it is still out of our reach. Maybe, just maybe, the thing we are reaching for is not what we are supposed to have.

What if we are trying to be like someone else because we think we should follow their lead? What if God has a different path for us to follow rather than be like everyone else.

Maybe we should stop and think and see if what we are reaching for is actually in line with our dreams, the ones God has given us. I am trying to do that. I am trying to be who I was meant to be and sometimes it can be hard, but mostly it's challenging and exciting to discover ways I can use what He has given me. I'm able to encourage others and bring glory to God when I am being myself rather than copying someone else.

But there is another kind of reaching, that of reaching out to loved ones for hugs. One of the things I love best in life is to see the little arms of my grandchildren reaching out to give me a hug! And of course hugs from all my children and my husband are always welcome and always special.

Stop



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!