Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tribute to My Father



It has been over 20 years since my father left this earth.  We all miss him very much, and I wanted to honor him on this Father's Day. I wrote these two poems for my father many years ago. My mother had saved them and recently gave them to me. The first one would have been written in either 1977 or 1978, because in the closing I only name three of us. The second one had to be sometime after 1985 and before 1990, because the closing only includes our girls. I wanted to share both poems here along with a picture of my beloved father, James Aubrey Sanders.


My father really was all those things I mention about him in both poems. He is loved and missed by many. I love you, Daddy, and I always will.

James Aubrey Sanders



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!