Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dirty Dishes

Cups, bowls, glasses, plates,
Utensils, pots and pans.
Dirty dishes all around.
No countertop in sight.


Garbage in the sink,
And burned food on the stove.
Kitchen messiness abounds.
I'm in an awful plight.

First I clean the sink,
With sudsy water fill,
Put some dishes in to soak,
While I sit down to write.


Coming back I wash,
Then dry and put away,
Scrub the stove and countertop
To make them clean and bright.


I thank God for food,
For hands that cook and clean,
There's contentment with my work,
Bringing me delight.

`

At Abbey of the Arts they had an invitation to write poetry along the theme of making the ordinary sacred.  I used these two questions taken from this page as a prompt. "How might you bring reverence to an ordinary moment of your day through the gift of poem-writing? How might you see the sacred in the mundane?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your comments!